Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Cutting Board Mats Gift For People Who Love To Cook

Cutting Mats Gift For Cooks
You can't go wrong going with a gift of cutting board mats for people who love to cook. They are an absolute necessity anytime a meal is being prepared.

It dawned on me the other day, that with the entertaining season right around the corner, I could really use some extra ones myself.

Plus, I spend a lot of time cooking anyway, it's my passion! And I often prep ingredients for more than one recipe at a time when I'm in the kitchen.

So, why haven't I gifted myself with a few more of these? Good question, especially since it a hassle to wash and dry a mat or board every time a clean one is needed.

I guess my only excuse is that I don't like to go out shopping and when I'm online buying dog food or something else, I just don't think about it.

Well today that changed and I decided to gift myself with the set you see above. While I do have quite a few heavy duty boards such as acrylic or bamboo, they do take up more of my limited space and some can't be used for cutting meats.

I think any cook would welcome the addition of the chopping mats I chose plus the nice surprise cookbook that comes with them. Like most people who enjoy cooking, I'm always ready to try some new recipes!

Highlights of the Cutting Boards

  • Storage is a premium in my kitchen so I decided on these because they can be rolled up and don't take up much space in a drawer, or can be attached with a magnetic clip to the side of the fridge.
  • I like that this particular set is thicker than ones I've had previously making them more stable and not likely to curl up as some do. They also have a special non-slip backing to keep them grounded on the kitchen counter.
  • The generous size is great for when larger quantities of food are being prepped, say for a stir fry, which just happens to be one of my favorite eats!
  • Each one in the set is a different color and is imprinted with a food image as a reminder to keep foods safely separated: like meats, fish, vegetables and/or fruits. But even if I mess up, it's nice to know the surfaces have added protection against microbes and stains. Only time will tell how well they resist staining, but I'm not stressing on that one.
  • Finally for those cooks concerned about BPA - no worries, it's not there.